Aquarian Scientific Hydrophones
The Aquarian Scientific AS-1 is a high-performance hydrophone that offers exceptional versatility in a wide range of applications.
The AS-1 can be used as a low power source for underwater signals.
It can be delivered as a calibrated unit, with full calibration specifications. All calibrations are carried out in a third party U.S.Navy Lab.
The Aquarian Hydrophone System is used in a diverse range of applications; each user's listening requirements are different.
No headphones, amplifier or patch cables are included.
Please do not overlook the importance of a good quality headset or amplifier/loudspeaker system to overall system performance.
• BNC output
• Can be fitted with its optional PA4 dedicated preamp, that runs on standard 48V phantom power.
• High Sensitivity and very low self noise
• Easy to connect to PA, stereo or recording equipment
• Very power-efficient
• Low cost, simple to use and care for
It is easy to integrate into virtually any recording or amplifier system. The preamp will drive cable lengths up to 30 meters with negligible signal degredation.
If we are not able to ship your order within two business days, we will contact you with an expected ship date prior to payment. If you require time-critical express shipment, please write us for verification.
Broadband measurement hydrophone
The AS-1 is designed to provide maximum sensitivity in a small size while also providing a linear response in the bandwidth of the highest-quality commercial digital sound recording interfaces. Response is omnidirectional in the human auditory bandwidth, as well as omnidirectional in the horizontal axis at all frequencies (theoretical). Given these qualities, the AS-1 is well-suited for absolute underwater sound measurements in marine and industrial environments. It can also be used as an omnidirectional reference projector.
Use directly with your scope or DAQ device or use with the PA4 preamp and any digital recorder or sound interface for high-quality, low-cost underwater sound analysis. Fitted, breathable EVA case included with cable lengths of 20 meters or less (longer cable assemblies will not fit in case and will be bulk shipped in allowable packaging).
- Linear range: 1Hz to 100kHz ±2dB
- Receiving Sensitivity: -208dBV re 1μPa (40μV / Pascal)
- Transmitting Sensitivity: 140dB SPL re 1μPa, 1Vrms input at 1meter, 90kHz
- Maximum Input Voltage: 30V p-p (continuous); 150V p-p (<10% duty cycle, <100KHz)
- Horizontal Directivity(20kHz): ±0.2dB
- Horizontal Directivity (100kHz): ±1dB
- Vertical Directivity (20kHz): ±1dB
- Vertical Directivity (100kHz): +6dB -11dB
- Operating depth: 200m
- Survival depth: 350m
- Operating temperature range: -10°C to +80°C
- Nominal capacitance: 5nF +/- 15% (plus cable @ 118pF/m)
- Output connection: BNC (standard)
- Size: 12mm D x 40mm L
- Weight (in air): 8g (plus cable @ 28g/m)
- Cable length: 9 meters standard. Any length on request.
- Cable Jacket: Polyurethane, OD: 4.5mm
- Encapsulant: Polyurethane